Sunday, November 21, 2010

Its Beginning to Look a lot like....

...Christmas!  I did it.  I put the Christmas stuff out early this week.  I know what you're thinking, its not even Thanksgiving yet!  Well, I figured since we will be spending both holidays out of town with our families, I better enjoy them now.  That, and I just love all the holiday decorations out right now.  The last couple of years I had really colorful decorations, pink, green, turquoise and orange.  This year I decided to go for a more natural, winter white color scheme of silver, white, bronze and gold with a few touches of red.

I only put out our 4' white tree and decided not to put out the numerous others, including our large green one.  I wanted this year to be a bit more cozy and intimate.  I love the new ornaments and decorations I have this year.  Now its time to figure out holiday cards - my second favorite thing.







Bryan lost his Grandmother this year.  She was such a lovely woman and quite the spitfire.  She gave us this Santa below.  She hand painted it in '95 and it was extra meaningful this year as I unwrapped it.  It is such a treasure.


I also put out a Nativity Scene that was my Grandmother's.  Ever since I can remember she had this Nativity and put it out on her entry table - so that is where it will sit in my home every year.  My favorite piece as a little girl was that little lamb.  I am so thankful to have it.  It is beautiful and I cherish it so very much.  I think of her every time I walk in and out the door.



And it wouldn't be a Sunday {or any day for that matter} without a lazy shot of Sir Wesley.


I'm off to meet up with a very dear friend visiting from Denver.  Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

*images by K.E.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER